Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Blessing

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. However, for us, Christmas began a week early. Baby Abby Jane was born December 18. She was three weeks early but weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. I shutter to think how big she would have been by January, when she was due. She has big chubby cheeks and a head full of dark hair. We are so blessed to have her here and healthy.




Luke has not been as interested in the baby as I thought that he would be. Pretty much the only thing that he understands is that he has to be soft. He always points to the baby and tells me 'soft'.

Doug likes to talk about how he wanted another boy, but he is so proud of his little girl.
Luke got to be a shepherd in the family Christmas nativity. He just wandered around most of the time.


Doug got to be an elf this year. He made a rocking chair for Luke. Luke was so excited to see it Christmas morning.



It took Luke all day to open his presents and all of Abby's presents. He would get distracted playing with each one.




Check out the decorations on our tree. They don't start until you get about three feet off the ground. We had to redecorate after Luke broke three balls the first day.

7 comments:

Cali said...

Julie she is so beautiful! I swear I just heard you were pregnant- I can't believe you had her already! (I know it didn't feel like that for you..) I'm glad you're doing well. You're kids are so cute!

Unknown said...

Congrats Julie! I hope you and baby are well! She is just adorable!!!! What a wonderful Christmas gift! Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

Jordon and Terra said...

Julie congrats! That is so exciting! How fun for her to be here for Christmas! She is so cute! I love the little bow in her hair! Congrats again, I'm so happy for you!

Scott and Wendy said...

looking good! she is such a cute little thing.

Suzanne said...

SOOOOOO cute! i love her name too! congratulations!

Jennifer V said...

Hey there Julie! I'm so glad you started a blog. Now I can keep up with what's going on with my favorite room roomie ever. :) Luke and Abby...what cute kids with cute names!

My blog is private. If you send me your email address, I'll add you. My email is voelkelfamily (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Matt and Erin said...

Julie! I'm so glad you have a blog, now. I'm glad I found it off of Terra's. Congratulations, your little girl is so beautiful--and Luke has gotten so big! I can't believe he's grown so much. We miss you guys!