Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Snakes and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

Shelley said I needed to update my blog more, but I don't have a lot to say so this is kind of random. Having a little boy is a whole new world for me. Growing up I had lots of sisters. We liked Barbies, dolls, and dress up. We didn't play ball. We didn't play in the dirt. We didn't get the most excitement in our life from scaring people. Luke is so fun to have around, but he is definitely forcing me to do things that I don't normally do. We play hide and seek on a daily basis. We play cars and build towers, just to knock them down (I don't understand this, but Doug does it too so it must be a guy thing). He is way better than me at catching, throwing, and hitting the ball--any ball. But he also makes me realize how blessed I am. In this picture he was sharing his car with Abby. He kept setting it on her tummy. For him this is a really big deal. He has a problem with sharing and he loves red race cars (because they look like Lightening McQueen). So giving it to her was so hard for him. He loves Abby. It was so cute.

I included these next pictures that I took to show how precious Abby is too.





The other day Luke wanted to help me do dishes but the water kept running down his sleeve so we just gave up and took his shirt off.



I realized that he just liked the bubbles so I let him have a bubble bath and he loved that even more.

5 comments:

Mary Lynn Evans said...

Awesome post!!! I love the random ones. I don't do those enough. ;)

Annie said...

Luke and Abby are both just so stinkin cute! And I love that Lukey shared his car with the baby, how sweet! You are one lucky mama!

Brittany Crane said...

Seriously so cute! Love the bubble bath and doing the dishes shirtless. Clothes are such a pain!! haha

What a good big brother Luke is.

p.s. Love the name Luke. that is a boy name I have considered.

Suzanne said...

your kids are so STINKIN adorable. i also wanted to tell you that i LOVED your st. patricks day party! i hope you are doing good!

Jordon and Terra said...

Hey! Sorry I meant to post about it, but I passed the three hour test! I was so excited when my doctor called to tell me! And no there aren't any wal-marts here at all! Sad huh? I have been so deprived! I hope all is going well with you guys, keep the posts coming! :)